Website Design for Electronic Shops
Nowadays, everything is moving forward much faster than before. As a matter of fact, all businesses of any type, should be presented online, so if you own a business, a company or even a small retail business, you need to make it online as soon as possible. To do so, you will obviously need a website first. In this series of articles, we will explain the details of websites required for some specific businesses. We, through this article, will explain the features and information you may need to build a website for an electronic shop in Dubai.
Dubai as the commercial hub of the MENA region is the house of many businesses from all around the world. One of the fast-growing industries that are very popular in the region in general and in Dubai in particular is electronic devices and products. Electronic shops sell a large range of products from small gadgets and instruments such as chargers and adaptors to expensive products like mobile phones, TVs and a lot more. The majority of customers are among the young generation who are very interested in new technology and highly enthusiastic about having the most updated electronic devices. Electronic market is expected to experience more growth in the near future.
Given the facts above, the electronic market is a popular, competitive and fast-growing market. To be successful in such a fast-performing market with many competitors, being presented online is an absolute necessity.
Features of an Electronic Shop Website:
There are some features that are needed for any online electronic shop website to be considered and applied as listed below:
- Animated Slider: an animated slider with relevant photos to introduce your services and products.
- A page with your contact details and LOCATION. The location should be embedded in Google Maps for mobile users who want to navigate directly from your website into maps. Even though it is normally not needed for online shops, disclosing your location creates more credit and trustworthiness.
- A summarized description of the services and products you provide.
- If you provide services that need more explanations, a single page should be allocated to every single service for further explanation.
- A single designated page for each product, with relevant photos and explanations about the product.
- An easy-to-understand registration process for customers.
- Shopping card and wish list features must be added on an online electronic shop.
- A secure payment gateway with as many payment methods as possible must be in place.
- A tool for customers to track their orders is another crucial feature for an online electronic shop.
- You as the business owner, might be thinking of some special offers from time to time. A landing page can be created for such events when required.
- A blog can be very beneficial, as it will be the heart of the SEO plan for your online shop website.
- Think Out of the BOX: You can always come up with new ideas for your online electronic shop and we are always here to convert your ideas to reality. You just let us know what changes you need to make to your website and we will get back to you with a solution that suits you.
What kind of design should be used for an online electronic shop website?
The first and in many cases, the only target of an online electronic shop website is to attract customers, so such websites should be designed to be attractive and innovative. Besides, the website should be user friendly and easy to work with. Furthermore, mobile responsiveness is a must these days, as the majority of users navigate through the internet by using their mobile phones. Also, the fonts, coloring and the appearance of the website should be in line with the nature of business. For an online electronic shop website, happy and gaudy colors should be applied in order to make users eager to purchase. You must avoid using templates or copy from a similar website as your business would look unprofessional and untrustworthy. It is highly recommended to hire a professional web designer to design your website at the highest quality level possible. You may read UI/UX article to find out more.
Which CMS should be used to create a website for an online electronic shop?
Here in Websima DMCC, we use WordPress to design your website. Even though WordPress is not the best CMS to be used, we would like to assure you that WordPress would work absolutely well for an online electronic shop. Therefore, we would highly recommend WordPress to be used as an appropriate CMS, when it comes to designing websites for an online electronic shop.
How long does it take to build a website for an online electronic shop?
The length of the web design can only be estimated after having a deep understanding of your business, your needs and the required features. However, as a guesstimate, it takes 1.5 months to design a standard and simple website and it can go up to 4 months to design a multi-page and full featured website for an online electronic store.
How much does it cost to create a website for an online electronic store?
The cost also depends on the type of website and number of features required to be added to your website. The cost starts at AED 9,000 for a standard and simple website and will most likely go up to AED 45,000 for a full feature online electronic store. You can check our web design pricing to find out more.
Does Websima provide web design services for an online electronic shop?
Yes, we do! We have a professional and talented team on board. We are capable of creating simple websites as well as complicated websites with all features required for an online electronic shop. You just need to contact us and book for a free consultation meeting, so we will have a deep understanding of your needs and will get back to you with our offer accordingly.